· In 2010, Sudan burned about billion cubic meters of gas, representing % of the total gas consumed globally. An oil company executive in Higlieg said there were no residential areas besides the processing units and all of .
Benefi cial impacts can include: } a better standard of living due to increased access to employment, business opportunities, training and eduion } greater access to and from a community and } increased funding to improve social infrastructure and .
Health impacts Though the Sudan government has adopted the strategy of health for all by the year 2000, the statistics of the federal ministry of health and UNICEF show a different situation. Table 1 shows the decline in health facilities. People are dying from manageable diseases, indiing a low standard of primary health care. It was ...
To enable inclusive and sustainable innovation at scale. At Impact Hub, we make collaboration happen. Inclusive and sustainable innovation at scale We connect entrepreneurs and innovators to large organizations, cultural and public institutions. Why? To enable inclusive and sustainable innovation at scale.
· Feminista is seeking a highly motivated impact professional with experience working with incubators, accelerators or impact investing funds in a project management and/or facilitation role to support the implementation. Fòs Feminista. Updated: T07:05:25Z. Human Resources Generalist, Guatemala.
Between 1989 and 2019, Sudan experienced a 30yearlong military dictatorship led by Omar alBashir, who was accused of human rights abuses, including torture, persecution of minorities, allegations of sponsoring global terrorism, and ethnic genocide due to its actions in the War in the Darfur region that broke out in 2003.
UNICEF Sudan. Children who are well nourished have a better chance of being healthy, able to develop, learn and be productive. In Sudan, approximately million children under five suffer from malnutrition annually, out of whom 700,000 suffer from severe acute malnutrition. Malnutrition is preventable.
Although Sudan is one of the largest countries in Africa, the fourteen year old civil war has hampered mineral exploration and development. However, the government has begun privatizing several of its assets. Sudan has chrome, copper, iron, manganese, asbestos, gypsum, mica, limestone, marble, and uranium. But mainly Sudan has been known as a gold mining country. .
Sudan IV also had a significant effect on the growth of E. coli with 52 and 62% of inhibition at 6 and 10 h. Similar growth inhibitions of 51 and 67% were detected when P. magnus was cultured with Sudan IV at 6 and 10 h. Growth of E. faecalis was affected with 36% inhibition cultured with Sudan IV at 10 h.
· (UN Photo/Isaac Billy) The United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) has had an enormous positive impact on the daily lives of hundreds of thousands of South Sudanese people. One of the most important issues concerning UNMISS is the protection of civilians (POC), which has created a dilemmas for the mission.
· The overall prevalence of substance use is 31%. The current prevalence of tobacco, cannabis, alcohol, amphetamines, tranquilizers, inhalants, opiates, cocaine, and heroin use was %, %, %, %, %, 1%, %, %, and %, respectively. Curiosity (%) was the main reason for initiation of substance use.
For example, Sudan experienced a succession of dry years from 1978 to 1987 resulting in severe social and economical impacts including many human and livestock fatalities and migration and displacement of several million people. Drought problems such as these will increase if .
· Sudan is now a source, destination and transit country for irregular migration, including refugees and asylumseekers using the East African Northbound migratory route through Libya to Europe. The country hosts an estimated 800 thousand South Sudanese refugees and 330 thousand refugees and asylum seekers from Eritrea, Syria, Ethiopia, CAR, Chad, and .
· Fatal Impact:Plain Crash of Sudans Delegation to Talodi, South Kordofan, Sudan. September 1, 2012. COVER: DigitalGlobe Natural Color Image of Talodi, South Kordofan, Sudan taken on August 20, 2012. Satellite Sentinel Project. Video still from footage broadcast on Sudans Ashorooq TV on August 19, 2012, showing the Antonov crash site in Talodi, South .
2015•02•03 Bloomberg . Dr. Nour (UNUMERIT) is mentioned in an excerpt from this Bloomberg article: Dr. Samia Nour's new book, Information and Communiion Technology in Sudan: An Economic Analysis of Impact and Use in Universities, explores the dual impliions of technological change, creativedestruction effects and positivenegative impacts.
· Recent highlevel monitoring visits to TAAT project sites in Sudan and Ethiopia show that adoption of new wheat varieties, coupled with innovative production technologies and methods, substantially increases production and commercialization, raises farmers' incomes and creates job opportunities for women and youth. The TAAT Wheat Compact Project