Which of the following represent the crushing strength (MPa) for | Which of the following represent the crushing strength (MPa) for the good quality stone that are used in the construction of buildings? A. Less than 20 B. 20 to 60 C. 60 to 80 D. Greater than 100 Please scroll down to see the correct answer and solution guide. Right Answer is: D
Characteristics of good building stone are: Compressive strength > 1000 kg/cm 2 High durability and coefficient of hardness > 14 Specific gravity > Toughness index > 13 Water absorption < 5% Download Solution PDF Share on Whatsapp India's #1 Learning Platform Start Complete Exam Preparation Daily Live MasterClasses Practice Question Bank
Characteristics of good building stone are: Compressive strength > 1000 kg/cm 2. High durability and coefficient of hardness > 14. Specific gravity > Toughness index > 13. Water absorption < 5%.
Crushing strength of good building stone crushing strength of a good building stone should be more than a 50 mpa b 100 mpa c 150 mpa d 200 mpa 3 aggregate properties ingov strength and elasticity strength is a measure of the ability of an aggregate particle to. Get Details. Stones Properties Basic Civil Engineering Questions And . For a good building stone how much is .
· Crushing Strength: For a good structural stone, the crushing strength should be greater than 100 N/mm approximate values of crushing strength of some of the stones are shown in table of Stones | Requirements of Good Building Stones, · 4. Properties of Stones: Strength. Strength is an important property to be looked into .
· Crushing Strength Of Good Building Stone Pictures In Inside China. Appliion of pe500 750 jaw crusher jaw crusher is our company set the successful experience in similar products at home and abroad for mining smelting building material highway railway water conservancy road construction and other industrial sectors quarries and rock crusher specially .
A higher compressive strength between1,800 psi ( MPa) and 19,000 psi (131 MPa) means the stone can endure an upper crushing load. Dry or wet conditions as per load determine the compressive strength of the stone. Bending strength test This test is compulsory for knowing about the power of the stone in bending.
The crushing strength of stones varies in the range of 15100 N/mm2. Transverse Strength Test (IS: 1121 (Part II)): To test stone for transverse strength, specimen pieces are made in the form of blocks 200 50 50 mm. These are tested in saturated and dry conditions similar to as explained in the compressive strength test.
The crushing strength of a good building stone should be more than a) 50 MPa b) 100. BUILDING MATERIALS (2).pdf UPPSC 1 BUILDING MATERIALS... School Dedan Kimathi University of Technology; Course Title CIVIL ENGI 2403; Uploaded By benngetha4. Pages 35 This preview shows page 1 6 out of 35 pages. View full document. UPPSC 1 BUILDING .
· A good building stone must have good crushing strength the crushing strength of the stone varies from 150 to 1000 kg/cm2. 9. A good building stone must be hard enough. A rock not scratched by a knife represents a hardness of 7 and if scratch with a fingernail represents a hardness of 2. common buidling stones characterisitics ofbuilding stones
Meant by crushing strength of stone what is meant by bulking for a good building stone the crushing strength should be greater page 6 building materials construction 1 4 2 balast 1what is meant by crushing strength of stone and what is stone crushing industry engaged in producing crushed stones which is the basiceach stone crusher unit .get price.
Crushing strength of a good building stone should be more than; Compared to mild steel, cast iron has (i) High compressive strength (ii) High tensile strength (iii) Low compressive strength (iv) Low tensile strengthThe correct answer is; Crushing strength .
· 15 Dec 2014, Qualities of a good building stone Crushing strength: For a good, Bricks should not absorb water more than 20 percent by weight for first.... Know more. For a strong building, get the right mixture The Hindu. 31 Aug 2012, Addition of more water will dilute the gum and it affects the quality of the, Concrete is a mixture of cement, water, sand and .
Aggregate crushing value is a numerical index of the strength of the aggregate and it is used in construction of roads and pavements. Crushing value of aggregates indies its strength. Lower crushing value is recommended for roads and pavements as it indies a lower crushed fraction under load and would give a longer service life and a more ...
· Crushing strength of a good building stone should be more than a 50 mpa b 100 mpa c 150 mpa d 200 . Live Chat. Basalt Stone Crushing Strength. Crushing strength of basalt stone crushing strength of basalt stone basalt crusherbasalt crushing machinebasalt crusher plant the basalt crusher is also widely used in crushing other ores and is of 28gcm 3 .
30 Mar 2013 ... Strength. Ordinarily, the strength of a stone is not of primary importance, as very often the loads to which it is subjected in a structure are much below its permissible crushing strength.
Best answer Right option is (b) Greater than 100 N/mm^2 To explain I would say: Crushing strength or compressive strength of a stone is the load per unit area at which the stone starts cracking. It should be greater than 100 N/mm^2 to ensure sufficient strength for use in construction. ← Prev Question Next Question →
crushing strength of good building stone. crushing strength of good building stone should be more than – Grinding Mill China The Gulin product line, consisting of more than 30 machines, sets the standard for our industry. We plan to help you meet your needs with our equipment, with our distribution and. Get Price
Building Material Crushing strength of good stone vk. February 06, 2021 good, MCQ, stone. MCQ about Crushing strength of good stone The crushing strength (MPa) of good stone used for construction of a building must not be less tha... MCQ about Crushing strength of good stone The crushing strength (MPa) of good stone used for construction of a building .
Crushing Strength. For a good building, stone crushing strength should be more than 100 N/mm3 to bear the applied load. If the stone failed to bear this load then the stone can not use for the purpose of construction. 2. Hardness. The coefficient of hardness for a good building stone should be between 14 to 17 or more than 17. Contact. Stones MCQ Building Materials .
For a good building stone, its specific gravity should the greater than; Crushing strength of a first class brick should not be less than; Compared to mild steel, cast iron has (i) High compressive strength (ii) High tensile strength (iii) Low compressive strength (iv) Low tensile strengthThe correct answer is; A first class brick should have a ...
explanation crushing strength or compressive strength of a stone is the load per unit area at which the stone starts cracking. it should be greater than 100 n/mm 2 to ensure sufficient strength for use in construction. similarly, which stone has highest crushing strength? the stone whose crushing strength is maximum, is. a. granite. chalk. slate.