· Partap Steel Rolling Mills. by Court Verdict · July 29, 1998. Email. Appeal: Civil Appeals No. 1947 of 1990. Petitioner: Collector of Central Excise, Indore. Respondent: Partap Steel Rolling Mills. Apeal: Civil ... It is appropriate that in respect of each item or goods for which excise duty has been demanded, ...
· The excise on spirits is set to go up by about Sh. from Sh. 253 per litre, while wine will attract an additional Sh. tax from the current Sh. 189 per litre." Already, Kenyans are set to pay some Sh. 300 more on cooking gas from July this year.
Excise duties on alcoholic beverages. Excise duties on alcohol are regulated through two main pieces of EU legislation. It also includes special provisions such as reduced rates for small breweries and small distilleries, certain products and geographical regions. On 29 July 2020, the Council a series of new rules ( Council Directive 2020/1151 ...
The Government is very keen to impose excise duty on the jewellery sector for many reasons. While the official tagline seems to be ' getting ready for GST ', the real reason could be something different. The Government is engaged in a massive exercise of reform and one of the key elements is the elimination of cash driven economy.
· whether eduion cess secondary h e c is to be paid on compounded levy scheme of stainless steel rolling mills which is rs 30000 per machine or it is included in the ...
· Sanjay S (Chartered Accountant) (1370 Points) Replied 11 June 2017 Input Handling Costs or Material handling Costs (ie., Premanufacturing Costs) are to be included in the Assessable Value for levying Excise Duty. This view is supported by Supreme Court in Mysore Rolling Mill (P) Ltd 28 ELT 50. JATIN R PANERIA (EXECUTIVE ACCOUNTS) (38 Points)
· On the other hand, the government has raised the duty on the import of iron billet to percent while imposing additional Rs excise duty on the imported raw material. "Apart from impacting a majority of the manufacturers in the segment, it will also adversely affect the revenue collection by the government," Saakha said.
· The excise will drop to zero in the event of slab price sinking below 300/mt FOB. With /1 October's average exchange rate and October CIS slab price – as assessed by Platts – of 687/mt FOB Black Sea (equates to Rb49,028/mt), should the excise be applied in November, it would have come to Rb1,320/mt, Platts estimates.
of the gear box = Weight in Kilogramme per metre of the rerolled w product the value of `e' in the formula shall be deemed to be in case of low speed mills, and in case of high speed mills the value of `w' factor in the formula for the high speed mills shall be deemed to be and for the low speed mills shall be deemed to be as under, Nominal diameter of the .
Circular No 423/56/98. Rerolling Mills (reported in 1997 (94) ELT 8 (SC) has inter alia held as following the view of the referring Department that the demand for recovery of erroneous refund has to be made U/S central excise rebate from re rolling mill central excise rebate from re rolling mill M/S Hans Steel Rolling Mill vs Commnr Of Central Under the scheme of Section .
Union Budget 2017: Key Changes in Excise Duty. Article discusses Legislative changes vide union budget 2017 regarding Authority for Advance Ruling/ Settlement of Cases, Amendments involving change in the duty rates, applicability of Section 5A of the Excise Act in respect of inputs imported or exported by EOU, Amendment in the Central Excise Rules, 2002, Changes .
· Basic excise duty on motor spirit commonly known as petrol intended for sale with abrand name is being converted from '6% + Rs 5 per litre' to a specific rate of Rs perlitre. Consequently petrol intended for sale with a brand name will attract total excise duty ofRs. per litre.
In budget 202122, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had revoked the antidumping duty (ADD) and countervailing duty (CVD) on certain steel products while reducing customs duty uniformly to per cent on semis, flat, and long products of nonalloy, alloy, and stainless steels from per cent levels earlier.
Assuming the excise duty for tobacco stems is S388 per kilogramme: Duties payable = 100 x S388 = S38,800. b) Cigarettes. Duties payable = Total number of sticks x Weight of individual sticks (every gramme or part thereof) x Excise duty rate. Company A imports 100 sticks of cigarettes weighing grammes each.
· PTI | Mar 3, 2022, 00:51 IST Jamshedpur, Mar 2 (PTI) Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran on Wednesday initiated the first equipment trial for the upcoming cold rolling mill and pellet plant projects at Tata Steel facility in Kalinganagar in Odisha through the digital twin interface, a company statement said.
· India will impose an additional excise duty of Rupees 2/liter ( cents) ... "We want to encourage fuel blending programme," Sitharaman said while presenting the federal budget for 202223. ... These norms will be rolled over in the next couple of years, ...